Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summertime Visitors

Mr. Bee

Beautiful Butterflies

They love the Lantana planted beside the porch.

Hello

Quit eyeballin' me lady!

Graceful little Hummingbird.

Now, I need some help with this one. I do not know what kind of insect this is. It has the coloring of bees with the antennae and sucker (for lack of the technical word) of a butterfly. I noticed these for the first time last year. Does anyone know what these are?


The visitors I haven't gotten pictures of are the black King snake that slithered up on my porch and scared the life out of me. I am afraid of snakes, poisonous, non-poisonous, alive or dead. I stepped on a black snake when I was a child and have been traumatized ever since.
This last couple of weeks we have a nightly visitor and I don't like him either. At sunset every night a Coyote comes out of the woods behind our house and runs around our back yard. He comes up close to the girls swing set and just stares at anyone who is outside. I know he is hunting the rabbits that live back there, and the Canadian Geese that are at my neighbors pond. I don't want him to get them, he needs to go terrorize some other yard.

I hope your summer is going great and that you are able to beat the heat. I am looking forward to a vacation at the beach in September.

TTYS!

3 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

I don't know what those bugs are, but they're creepy! Never seen one before.

I laughed out loud when you said you tell your daughter her daddy is Dale Jr. LOL. Too funny.

Crissi said...

Hi,
so beautiful pictures,
hugs Crissi

Anonymous said...

I'm joining this conversation rather late, but I know what that big bug is! That's a hawkmoth, sometimes called a hummingbird moth. They're very fond of butterfly bush and bee balm nectars.

Linda

Post a Comment